BetterInvesting is a non-profit organization providing investment information, education and support that empowers members to become successful, lifetime investors. Founded in 1951, BetterInvesting has provided investment education to more than five million people and is a charter member of the World Federation of Investors, which provides investment education in many countries worldwide.
Alexandra Armstrong is a long-time contributor to their monthly magazine. Below are links to articles she has authored.
- Jan-Feb: 'File and Suspend' Your Benefits Is Over
- March: A Gift of Kindness
- April: New Law Tweaks 529 Plans
- May: Today's Choices Can Cut Your Taxes
- Jun-Jul: Tax Rates: the Rest of the Story
- August: Selecting a Trustee for Your Estate
- September: Charity Distributions from IRAs
- October: Digital Estate Planning: a New Imperative
- November: Should You Loan Money to a Family Member
- December: Year-End Tax Planning: Start ASAP and Save
- Jan–Feb: 7 Achievable New Year's Resolutions
- March: Get Your Legacy to the Right Person
- April: 401(k): Going to the Max
- May: Keeping Financial Records
- June–July: Retirement Plan Distributions
- August: Advice for New College Grads
- September: An Estate Executor's Top Duties
- October: Giving to Charity is Good for You
- November: Revisiting the 4-Percent Rule
- December: Year-End Tax Planning
- Jan–Feb: Gift Taxes, Many Unhappy Returns?
- March: Alternative Minimum Tax
- April: Social Security Retirement: The Basics
- May: Social Security: The Basics for Couples
- June–July: Social Security: The Real Complexities
- August: After the Home Sale, the Taxes . . .
- September: Tax Issues for Rental Property Owners
- November: Tax Planning Now May Reduce Your Bill
- December: Reducing Your Income Tax Bill
- Jan–Feb: 7 Financial Resolutions for 2013
- April: Insuring for Your Long-Term Care
- May: Do You Really Need a Will?
- June–July: Estate Planning with Living Trusts
- August: Shield Life Insurance Payouts from Taxes
- September: Financial Pointers for the New Grad
- October: New Grads Need Retirement Plans Too
- November: Medicare Alphabet Soup
- December: A Further Map to Medicare and Medigap
- January: Do You Need a Financial Plan?
- February: Selecting a Financial Planner
- March: Get the Most from Financial Planning
- April: Advice for Recent Widows
- May: 2 Players Are Key to Your Financial Team
- June–July: Travel Gets Cheaper If Your House Is My House
- August: With Social Security, Time Really Is Money
- September: Are You Willing to Take Risks?
- October: Planning for Potential Tax Changes
- November: Is Your Mortgage Interest Deductible?
- December: Estate Planning in a Digital World